Wednesday, October 08, 2014

About time to get back to blogging...

It's been a while, but I'm back... back to training every day, back to thinking about Jiu jitsu and back to lots of parts of my life that kind of got back burner'd for a while.

Just wanted to show off my latest indulgence... this Mizuno gi, the Rickson model.  It's lovely, heavy, soft, with a very thick collar.  Size 3.5 is just a smidge big on me but I can't seem to shrink it and i don't want to alter it, so it's fine. You can see the Rickson embroidery is close to the pants hem, so if I shorten them, that proportion will be awry.  I bought it used from a good friend. Who also got it used, as his name isn't Ishimaru (if Ms. or Mr. Ishimaru is out there, I'd love to get in touch...)

Anyway, been adjusting to a lot of life changes and enjoying the chance to train daily.  I'm always working on my guard, and i feel most of the time like a purple belt (except when playing guard ;) )

More soon...

No comments: